This goes on our neckerchiefs!
Great! It'll be fun. But first there's some requirements...
You have to:
- Be a boy who is at least 11 years old, or one who has finished fifth grade or has the Arrow of Light Award and is at least 10 years old, but isn't yet 18 years old,
- Complete a Boy Scout Application and Health History signed by your parent or guardian,
- Find a Scout troop near your home (ours?),
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance,
- Demonstrate the Scout Sign, Salute, and Handshake,
- Demonstrate tying the square knot,
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law, Motto, and Slogan, and the Outdoor Code,
- Describe the Scout Badge,
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to protect your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide (Inside front cover of Scout Handbook),
- Turn in your Boy Scout application and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, and finally
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
Phew! If you've got any questions about that or anything else Boy Scouts, feel free to contact us.